Mac: how to get the GUI up and running

Post here to get support
catalyst628
Beginner

Mac: how to get the GUI up and running

Post by catalyst628 »

Hey guys/gals,

I have the CF1 and had the GUI working with an old PS3 controller(which has since been traded in for a shiny new PS4 controller). I got into some of the source code when the controller started acting up and tried to get rid of some of the button functions and ended up screwing things up beyond repair and scrapped the whole thing and redownloaded the client. The problem is that now I don't remember how I got the silly thing up and running in the first place. I'm running on a MacBook pro and I had it all working before. I've followed all of the steps on the wiki and I think the problem I'm having is coming from the "download and extract" portion of the set up. I can't figure out how to extract the client all that happens when I try to open the .bin file is it creates a .bin.cpgz file that when opened creates another .bin file in a frustrating loop. If there' s any more information I haven't included feel free to ask, thanks for any and all help.

-Catalyst
quadsRfun
Beginner

Re: Mac: how to get the GUI up and running

Post by quadsRfun »

Hi Catalyst,

I am in a similar position as you, I can't get the GUI running on my Mac. I am currently running OSX 10.9.5.

Any Mac OSX users able to help shed some light ? :)
chad
Expert

Re: Mac: how to get the GUI up and running

Post by chad »

catalyst628 wrote:I've followed all of the steps on the wiki and I think the problem I'm having is coming from the "download and extract" portion of the set up. I can't figure out how to extract the client all that happens when I try to open the .bin file is it creates a .bin.cpgz file that when opened creates another .bin file in a frustrating loop.
Hi! So it looks like you're getting the client source from the link on this wiki page but that source is rather old. Although, I don't have an issue downloading and extracting it (I am on OS X 10.10.2). I would recommend you get the source by cloning the GitHub repository here (GitHub has instructions on cloning in the Help section). Then you can always update to the latest source, change branches, make changes (and reset them), and so on. If you don't want to clone the repository, you can find releases here on GitHub. After getting the source, I recommend following the MacPorts install instructions here.

Let me know how that goes. If you still have trouble, I can offer some more pointers.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.