Crazyflie won't hover -- hard to fly

Post here to get support
erwincoumans
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie won't hover -- hard to fly

Post by erwincoumans »

I got the same problem, and there is no latency problem. My other quadcopters hover nicely, but this one doesn't.

So does the crazyflie support hovering?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

This could be a vibration issue. Please try this guide to balance the propellers.
hdmathias

Post by hdmathias »

So far, I find that 2.0 doesn't hover (in althold mode) nearly as well as 1.0. I tried setting it to both 1M and 2M but didn't notice a difference. The channel was already 80 from the factory so I didn't change that.

What I observe is that the 2.0 will drop and rise dramatically whereas the 1.0 -- run in the same room, under the same conditions, controlled by the same software -- is much more stable. I have several more 2.0s that I haven't yet assembled. I'll test with one of those as soon as I get a chance. Maybe the new firmware will make a difference but, as I describe in another thread, I am unable to update the firmware so far.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

So far, I find that 2.0 doesn't hover (in althold mode) nearly as well as 1.0
The firmware still needs some optimizations to get the best hovering performance. In the newest firmware there are some improvements but more tweaking is needed. With those changes the 1.0 and 2.0 are quite comparable though.

The bootloader instructions has been updated. Are you able to update it now?
hdmathias

Post by hdmathias »

Yes, I was able to update using the new instructions. Thank you!