Fly more than on crazyflie with my trajectory

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
yousba
Beginner

Fly more than on crazyflie with my trajectory

Post by yousba »

Hello,

I installed the cfclient and the LPS system and I managed to fly a crazyflie with my trajectory.

Now i want to start flying several drones using the LPS system but i don't know where i can start is there anyone who can help me or give me some instructions to start.

Thank you in advance.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Fly more than on crazyflie with my trajectory

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Have you looked at the examples/swarm folder of the crazyflie-python library? You can try out those out.

Here is also a blogpost you can checkout: https://www.bitcraze.io/2019/07/synchro ... m-example/
yousba
Beginner

Post by yousba »

hello, Sorry for the late,

Thank you for your response, I have tried the Synchronous swarm example and it worked only for the TDo2 mode with 6 anchors, but the problem I have is the drone flies very quickly with poor precision. are there things i forgot to configure?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Did you try TDoA2 with 8 anchors as this will improve coverage and precision?
yousba
Beginner

Post by yousba »

Unfortunately, I only have 6 anchors that I understood is that the TDoa2 and TDoa3 modes work very well with 8 anchors. that's it?

I have a question again, I want to fly 5 crazyflies do I still need 5 Loco positioning decks for each crazyflie or is there a possibility to fly the 5 crazyflies with only one Loco positioning deck?

Thank you in advance
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

They can share the loco position deck, but if you want to fly 5 at the same time, I'm afraid you will need to indeed have 5 LPS decks, so one per crazyflie
yousba
Beginner

Post by yousba »

Thank you for your reply

Are there any examples to start flying 5 crazyflies using one Loco positioning decks? and to improve the precision in the TDoa mode, do i have to work with 8 anchors?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

There are examples here in the crazyflie-lib-python repo (sorry, in a previous post I had the wrong link): https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... ples/swarm. With the LPS system you would be able to use any of these examples, which you can adjust to the URIs of each of your crazyflies and as long as they have a positioning available to them, so each of them needs to have an LPS deck.

Only TWR is advised with 6 anchors, and TWR is not suitable for flying with multiple crazyflies at the same time. The TDOAs are suitable though.