Error scanning for deck memories

Post here to get support
simonjohansson
Beginner

Error scanning for deck memories

Post by simonjohansson »

Hi!

I did some tests with my crazyflie 2.0 loaded with 10g extra weight. In the third run the CF flies into my safety net and crashes about 30cm down into the floor. After this crash the selftest of the CF won't work anymore and the M1 led blinks fast 5 times. I run it through the usb into the cfclient and got the messages in the picture. Apparently the there is something wrong with the "deck memories". What should I do? Is it possible to fix or do i need to replace something?

Thanks for answers!
/Simon J
Attachments
Console tab in cfclient
Console tab in cfclient
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Error scanning for deck memories

Post by tobias »

Most likely something happened with the deck connector on either the CF2 or on the deck. The 1-wire memory is located on the deck so especially check the OW signal. See the pinout for signal location.
simonjohansson
Beginner

Post by simonjohansson »

I have checked the continuity and that is ok.And I have checked the OW to ground signal and it is always about 13mV. What do you recommend to do? I need to find a good solution because I have some experiments left to do.

/Simon
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Hmmm, and if you don't have any deck connected you get the same error? Do you have any other deck to test with?
simonjohansson
Beginner

Post by simonjohansson »

Yes, I get the same error both with and without my LOCO position deck.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Do you know how to compile and flash the firmware? If so could you build a debug build "make DEBUG=1 CLOAD=1" and flash it and post the cfclient console output here after connecting to it.

For simplicity I also attached the firmware here
cf2-debug-(2018.01.1-50).bin
Debug build (2018.01.1-50)
(340.46 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
simonjohansson
Beginner

Post by simonjohansson »

This is the result of running with the new firmware. If it is the cfrazyflie that is broken is it possible to replace only like the motherbord of it or do i need to buy an entire new crazyflie? Since the motors seem to work fine.
Attachments
IMG_1170.jpg
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Do you have the Crazyradio? Are you able to connect to it this way? Have you reflashed the nRF51?

You could turn of the OW functionality and force the deck driver instead but if the syslink (UART between nRF51 and STM32) is broken that wouldn't matter as radio will also be broken.
simonjohansson
Beginner

Post by simonjohansson »

I have the radio but since the crasch I can not connect it to the cfclient, altough i can run the bootloader function by the radio. How do i reflash the nRF51?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If the bootloader works then the syslink should be intact.

Flash the latest firmware using the zip file and it should flash the nRF51 as well.