Android on-screen controls swapped?

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
ToeBee
Beginner

Android on-screen controls swapped?

Post by ToeBee »

I just assembled my crazyflie but don't have any console controllers to use. But I do have a USB OTG adapter for my Galaxy S3 so I tried the android client. It is obviously not as good as a physical control stick but it works and at least let me make sure things were working. But I am perplexed as to why the throttle/yaw control is on the right and the roll/pitch is on the left. It seems like this would be an obvious error to anyone who has used a real R/C transmitter but I don't see any open issues about it on GitHub or any discussions. It is certainly making it more difficult for me to fly because I am used to my Dx6i. Is there some reason for the reversal?

I will probably tinker with the source and reverse them for my own sanity.
derf
Expert

Re: Android on-screen controls swapped?

Post by derf »

Hi,

Not sure which version of the Android client you are using, but in recent version this is just a setting in the preferences (Preferences -> Mode)
The mode setting defines the mapping of the axes (see http://www.geekmag.fr/blog/wp-content/u ... de_1_2.jpg).
Apparently there are different oppinions about what the "default" mode should be. ;)

The latest binary of the Android client can be found here:
https://github.com/fredg02/crazyflie-an ... v0.1-alpha

Regards,

Fred
ToeBee
Beginner

Post by ToeBee »

Right you are!

I'm compiling from the source on GitHub but it was not exactly obvious to me what "Mode" meant in the preferences dialog. But yep, I'm happy with mode 2. Thanks.
derf
Expert

Post by derf »

I pushed a commit with more descriptive summaries for the mode preference.
ToeBee
Beginner

Post by ToeBee »

Sweet. That looks like it will make things much clearer.