Auto altitude control with a barometer

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
nkxtlh
Beginner

Auto altitude control with a barometer

Post by nkxtlh »

Hi,all :D

I was thinking about building a firmware to hold the altitude autonomously only with the aid of the embedded barometer sensor. That is, when I switch on the crazyflie, it flies to the designated altitude and hover on the position. I will not need any PC client or the crazyradio. Is that even possible?

ps: Sorry I am new here and apologize if I ask a stupid question. :)
derf
Expert

Re: Auto altitude control with a barometer

Post by derf »

nkxtlh
Beginner

Post by nkxtlh »

Hi, derf

Thank u so much! :D
I have successfully implemented the hover mode using some others' code. Yes, hover mode can be implemented by the PC client using the crazy radio. However, I wonder whether the copter can autonomously hold its altitude without any external radio. With the help of on-chip barometer and embedded processor, is it even possible to construct a closed loop altitude control of itself? :)
omwdunkley
Expert

Post by omwdunkley »

nkxtlh wrote:However, I wonder whether the copter can autonomously hold its altitude without any external radio. With the help of on-chip barometer and embedded processor, is it even possible to construct a closed loop altitude control of itself? :)
The PC client is only used to set the set point and visualise the sensor data/computed values. All calculations are done on the flie.
nkxtlh
Beginner

Post by nkxtlh »

omwdunkley wrote:
nkxtlh wrote:However, I wonder whether the copter can autonomously hold its altitude without any external radio. With the help of on-chip barometer and embedded processor, is it even possible to construct a closed loop altitude control of itself? :)
The PC client is only used to set the set point and visualise the sensor data/computed values. All calculations are done on the flie.
Thanks for your kindly reminder, I got it. :D