Tiny Solar Panel (size of the circuit board)

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
umrashrf
Beginner

Tiny Solar Panel (size of the circuit board)

Post by umrashrf »

Do they make tiny solar panel? I mean as tiny as the size of crazyflie circuit board. If they do, will it be possible to put it up with the current crazyflie design without software modifications?
Flare09
Beginner

Re: Tiny Solar Panel (size of the circuit board)

Post by Flare09 »

I found a solar cell on ebay a few months ago. The cell is about 20x20mm and it puts Max about 1.2v at about. .. Well. I can't remember. I think it was about 20mA. I'll check on that later

Edit: the solar cell only puts out 90mA Max, and 1.2v. And is made of 2 10x25mm cells. Plus epoxy. I tried looking for the cells but couldn't find individual. It would be difficult for the battery circuit to charge at the correct voltage while there is current draw.

And I think the trickle will only gain you seconds more of flight considering weight, and output of the cells.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

It will probably not change the flight-time in a positive way (due to the wight), but you could imagine landing and charging the battery for a few hours and then taking off again.
ciroluiz
Beginner

Post by ciroluiz »

And if you use a solar panel like this?
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/1W-Sol ... Path=1_118
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

This solar panel is bigger than the Crazyflie, so it would be really hard to make it fly (and its weight would be too high as well).