[Video] Alternative Kinect Control (using depth images)

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
hdmathias

Re: [Video] Alternative Kinect Control (using depth images)

Post by hdmathias »

Lukas,

Thanks again. I've tried this in a virtual machine and in a native Linux install. In both cases, I ended up in exactly the same place. I can get input from the PS3 controller but I can't connect to the drone. I click "Scan" but it doesn't find a drone (it does seem to find the Crazyradio) -- I never see the "Connect" button.

I just tried following your instructions with the same result. This is driving me crazy. Actually, not so much lately as I've been busy with another project but I'd really like to get this working.

Can you tell me what version of Linux you're running? What about ROS? Any special setup or installations you've done? Thank you.

David
grilly
Beginner

Post by grilly »

Hello David,

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64-bit) with ROS Indigo. Hmm this is really strange...
- First thing I catkinized crazyflieROS as I was told to avoid rosbuild when possible.
- Don't know if it makes any difference, but we only have Crazyradio USB Dongles and no Crazyradio PA.
- I'll send you my launch procedure via PN, but that shouldn't matter. Maybe it helps.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact installation steps. As I am working on a restricted semi-virtual machine at university I needed my trusty root-supervisor occasionally. In the next couple weeks I might create a setup at home, I'll try document the process thoroughly.

Concerning my connection problem I have made no progress. There are other projects in the way, too :)
About two weeks ago I hooked up a CF1. Worked great, once I stopped displaying the Kinect pointcloud in rviz *facepalm*

Lukas
husk
Beginner

Post by husk »

Hi Forum,
I'm very new to CF and ROS but very interested to run this code.
Someone achieves to make it run with a CF 2.0?

Some other suggestion apart of all the usefull stuff found in this thread?

I'm sure I will write here along my experiments with this proceed

cheers

husk
whoenig
Expert

Post by whoenig »

There is a newer ROS driver which supports CF 1.0 and 2.0 here: http://wiki.ros.org/crazyflie. It does come with a position controller for a motion capture system, but does not include any code for Kinect-based tracking. It would be interesting to have that though, technically it should be possible to extract that portion from Olivers work.
Veerachart

Post by Veerachart »

husk wrote:Hi Forum,
I'm very new to CF and ROS but very interested to run this code.
Someone achieves to make it run with a CF 2.0?

Some other suggestion apart of all the usefull stuff found in this thread?

I'm sure I will write here along my experiments with this proceed

cheers

husk
Hi husk,

I have been using this package for a while since CF1 and I just recently changed to CF2. So far it seems to be working without visible problem. There is some error appear when you connect to CF2 (something about MP6500 or so, I can't remember exactly) but the connection is normal and you can control the flie normally.

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.5 with ROS Groovy. There are a lot of modifications since I cloned the codes, but I think the transition from CF1 to CF2 should not be a problem.