[SOLVED] CF PC Client - Input device error

Post here to get support
thesnowedone
Beginner

[SOLVED] CF PC Client - Input device error

Post by thesnowedone »

Hello all,
I'm trying to set up the PC client whilst I am waiting for my nano to show up and am getting the following error in the screenshot attached.

This occurred on reset after I set up my Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick in Input device configuration (roll, pitch, yaw, thrust all detected without issue). All these were detected fine with no issue and save appeared to work.

I saved out using the Generic_OS_X profile. Upon restart I now get the following error.

When clearing this error if I go back into Configure input device there are now no profile names listed and I cannot load/delete/save - only cancel. Joystick remains unconfigured.

I have tried reinstalling but the error remains.

I am using the binary distribution with the following debug info:
Cfclient version: 2013.4.1
System: win32

System is Windows 8 (64 Bit).

EDIT: Solution is to do the following!

1. Shutdown the CF PC Client program.
2. Remove %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Romaing\cfclient directory.
3. Restart CF PC Client.

This will allow you to enter a new configuration. Follow the instructions at http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... er_working and ensure you configure EVERY button and not just roll/pitch/yaw/thrust. This bug will be fixed in a later version of the client.

Thanks goes to Individual11 for additional error reporting and marcus for verifying the work-around.
Attachments
Error Screenshot
Error Screenshot
crazyflie-pc-client-error.png (54.89 KiB) Viewed 7776 times
Last edited by thesnowedone on Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: CF PC Client - Input device error

Post by marcus »

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce this but I'm not having much luck. Any chance you could zip your C:\Users\Snowed\AppData\Roaming\cfclient folder (with sub-directories) and attach it here?

/Marcus
individual11
Beginner

Post by individual11 »

I'm having the identical error after trying to save over the generic configuration. The directions in the wiki don't seem to work as written, since I can't seem to make my own config file.
individual11
Beginner

Post by individual11 »

I cleared out the cache folder (dev instinct) and that didn't solve it. I checked all the other files, and they are all valid json files. Not much else in that folder. I tried re-installing, but no luck there either, apparently the uninstaller doesn't get rid of all the files, so whatever has gotten corrupt is still there after uninstall and reinstall.
individual11
Beginner

Post by individual11 »

To get rid of the error, delete the folder marcus mentioned completely (it's under user/userName/AppData/Roaming). Then do a full uninstall. Restart the computer, and re-install the cfclient. That worked for me.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Great, thanks for helping to debug this! Deleting the contents of the cfclient folder will trigger the application to copy the original config files distributed with the installer. There shouldn't be any need to re-install it.

The page on the wiki is updated to reflect the latest version of the client regarding the input configuration: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... er_working

I'm curious, was 2013.4.1 the first version you installed or did you install/run any other version previously?
individual11
Beginner

Post by individual11 »

For me, it was the first version I installed.

I just ran into the error again, and you're right.. just killing that folder does it. Thanks!
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Ok. Do you get the same error if you are not replacing a pre-installed configuration?
individual11
Beginner

Post by individual11 »

That's the problem, I can't seem to create any new configs within the app. When I followed the updated instructions on the wiki, it says put in a name with no extension and hit save. The save button is staying grayed out. I copy/pasted then renamed one of the configs in the folder, went in to the app, loaded it, configured it, then saved it and then get the same error as before.

Do you have a recommended, or do you have a good configuration you can attach for the ps3 controller? The ones that are built in don't give me much to play with.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Currently you still have to set up everything for the Save button to be enabled, even the pitch/roll trim, killswitch and exitapp buttons. Then you should be able to save the configuration. We will fix this for the next version so you will only have to set up roll/pitch/yaw/thrust to be able to save the configuration.