Crazyflie flying awful

Post here to get support
wcshotgun
Beginner

Crazyflie flying awful

Post by wcshotgun »

Since I have gotten my quad copter, its been flying great. All of the sudden I try to fly it, and it is awful. I'll give it power (all motors still working) and it will either veer straight into the wall, flip over, or just pivot on one motor and just fly in a circle. I also replaced the propellers but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?
Here is a link to a video, where I gave my quad copter full power and it just flipped over:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B16iY2 ... sp=sharing
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie flying awful

Post by tobias »

hmm, that looks really strange. Can you check if the sensors seem to be behaving OK in the flight tab in the cfclient. Also when you power it on try doing it on a stable surface.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Could you also check if there's any hair (or similar) wound around the shaft of any of the motors (between the motor housing and the propellers)? This can be done by removing the propellers.
wcshotgun
Beginner

Post by wcshotgun »

The sensor is fine, and responds when I move it around. Also I added new propellers, and there is no hair or anything stuck. Do you think one of the motors could be bad? Or would it act differently?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Yes it can be that one of the motors are broken but that is often easy to hear or see as it spins less well. Check also if the yaw seems somewhat stable, less that 1 deg in drift per second.