Hi from Australia

Wan't to discuss something that's relevant but has no forum, this is the place
SU88RZ
Beginner

Hi from Australia

Post by SU88RZ »

Hi my name is Colin and i live in Newcastle Australia.

I'm very excited about this project.
I'm not much of a programer, I'm more eclectically and mechanically minded so that is where most of my input would come from.
Keen to learn some software stuff along the way as i am also building a 3d printer. The fun aspect of this project should keep me interested. (very short attention span)

Looking froward to getting my CF but as i haven't ordered one yet I suspect a long wait. Anything i can do to ensure I'm as high on the list to get one that i can be? Already on the notification for back in stock.

Thanks for creating this awesome project and i hope i can add to it in some way.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Hi from Australia

Post by tobias »

Hi Colin,

Nice to have you on board!

There are a lot of electricall/mechanical stuff to play with so your skills are very welcome.

I don't think there will be any problem getting one when the Crazyflies get back in stock in the beginning of May.
galimba
Beginner

Post by galimba »

Hello Colín! Im a computer science student, so I might be able to help you with the programming stuff!
Best regards
SuperRoach

Post by SuperRoach »

Hi Colin, another Aussie here just noting that shipping times when they are in stock are pretty good - and the cf is a hoot to fly :)
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forums. I hope you've managed to get your hands on a Crazyflie. If not there's still a few in stock at Seeedstudio.

/Marcus
SU88RZ
Beginner

Post by SU88RZ »

Thanks guys. I orded a 10dof as soon as they came back in stock. iv been flying it for a few weeks now but while learning to fly i damaged the props and motors abit. still flys but vibration is high. So now im waiting for new stock so i can get some spare parts.
TheFrog4u
Expert

Post by TheFrog4u »

did you damage ALL propellers and motors that are included in the kit? I am still using the first ones.
To protect the motors and arms I REALY recommend using nerf darts (see wiki), which makes each landing and crash MUCH smoother. Also make sure to put a tiny bit of foam between the motor and the arm and dont push the arm completly in (i pushed the motormount up to second mark on the arm, counting from the board side)
SU88RZ
Beginner

Post by SU88RZ »

Im only on my 1st set of props and motors. so im not to worried about it. Dont get me wrong i dont have any troble flying it, its just im not scared to set the max angle to 360 and make it do flips. :D. I put silicon ear bud covers on the bottoms of the motors for the soft landing but i still need to put the foam in between the arm and the motor. I also made a motor mout out of a strip of papper looped arround and tapped down. makes a snug little pocket so i can easy swap battreys. Ill post some pics of my setup when i get home from work.
SU88RZ
Beginner

Post by SU88RZ »

Wow i forgot all about this. I got my second gen flie and then never got it flying/set up as well as the 1st one so stopped playing with it. i think its time to get back into it.
thomasf2220
Beginner

Post by thomasf2220 »

Nice to meet you. Have a great day :)