Start programming

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
marco.tognon

Start programming

Post by marco.tognon »

hallo!!

I just started to work with the crayflie for my master thesis. I'm quite new on programming with python and modifying firmware.

My main question is how to organize my workspace, where i need to wirite my own codes and how i can compile and launch it.

At start I would write a script that save in a file all the possible DATA from the crazy. I already know that I must use the logging but I don't know where to write it and then i dont know how to complite to complite and to launch. Some advertise??

I tought of use the VM but my last purpose is to create a ROS interface, so the VM wouldn't be the better solution I think.

Marco
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Start programming

Post by tobias »

Always encouraging when people want to start playing with the Crazyflie on a programming level!

Unfortunately we don't yet have any good "get started" guides more then what is already available on the wiki. You could try those examples to begin with and see where that takes you.
marco.tognon

Post by marco.tognon »

My prblem is not how to programming but how to compile/execute my programs, ando also how to compile/execute my modifications on the client code!!! I have just started to study python but for now I didn't undertstand how compile/execute my modifications on the client code without installing it!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Ahh, maybe you are looking for this? The python code needs run from source if one wants to do changes on it.
marco.tognon

Post by marco.tognon »

Sorry I didn't specify my OS: Ubuntu not windows!