Removing support for the Flow deck from the firmware breaks the LED ring deck

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
MichaelNdu
Beginner

Removing support for the Flow deck from the firmware breaks the LED ring deck

Post by MichaelNdu »

I was customizing the firmware using the new Kbuild system, and I removed support for a bunch of expansion decks I wasn't planning on using, but after I flashed the crazyflie with the firmware, I noticed I no longer had the ability to control the LED ring deck via parameters. I was unable to set the ring effect or control individual LEDs, or turn on the LED headlight anymore, and it was only after some trial and error that I discovered that the ability to do this appeared to depend on Flow deck support being included in the firmware.

For now, I've just included that, since I need the ability to set LEDs dynamically, but just thought I'd bring some attention to this issue.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Removing support for the Flow deck from the firmware breaks the LED ring deck

Post by kimberly »

Hi! Thanks for letting us know. As you see above, we are moving to https://discussions.bitcraze.io/ so there will not be somebody to comment on this soon if you would like this to be part of a discussion. Would you like to repost it there? if not let me know and I can make an ticket for it.
MichaelNdu
Beginner

Re: Removing support for the Flow deck from the firmware breaks the LED ring deck

Post by MichaelNdu »

Sure thing, will move this topic over to the new discussions page
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

thanks!