Too many packets lost & lighthouse firmware

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
winniethewoon
Beginner

Too many packets lost & lighthouse firmware

Post by winniethewoon »

Hi everyone! I have problems with the crazyflie so I have a few questions.

>>> I can control the crazyflie normally at first, but the next day it said "Too many packets lost" when I put it in the area of the base stations which at first it has no problem. Besides, all the statuses are green. I have all checked before I test it. I don't know why. I was wondering about the conditions that can cause the error "Too many packets lost".

>>> I cannot program firmware to the crazyflie. I follow the instruction already. Actually, there is no error but it cannot detect the lighthouse deck. And is no yellow light (still being red). Please let me know how to do it.

Thank you for answering and let me know if there is any essential information.
successnoon
Beginner

Re: Too many packets lost & lighthouse firmware

Post by successnoon »

Already, I am carrying out the instruction. In point of fact, there is no inaccuracy; yet, it is unable to locate the lighthouse deck. There is not a yellow warning light (still being red). Kindly explain it to me in detail how to proceed.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

@successnoon, please start another thread about your problem. Don't hijack somebody elses thread.

@winniethewoon,

We need more information about your problem:

- Could you let us know which OS you are controlling the crazyflie in? Windows, Ubuntu, Mac...
- And which version of the Crazyflie-firmware have you flashed on your crazyflie?
- Which version of the CFclient are you using?
- What is the LED sequence on the crazyflie that you are seeing?

A red LED on the lighthouse deck means that the connection is not correct.
- Are you sure the lighthouse deck is mounted the right way with the symbols? See this tutorial for that.
- If you can connect to it with a cfclient, perhaps with an USB cable, what can you see in the console tab?
winniethewoon
Beginner

Post by winniethewoon »

- Could you let us know which OS you are controlling the crazyflie in? Windows, Ubuntu, Mac...
--------- Ubuntu and Windows
- And which version of the Crazyflie-firmware have you flashed on your crazyflie?
--------- firmware cf2 2022.05
- Which version of the CFclient are you using?
--------- 2022.03 rc1 and 2022.05
- What is the LED sequence on the crazyflie that you are seeing?
--------- If it is success, I will see from red to orange (And when connected, there will be green). But if it is failed there will still be red.

- Are you sure the lighthouse deck is mounted the right way with the symbols? See this tutorialfor that.
--------- Yes, I check every time before doing the experiment.
- If you can connect to it with a cfclient, perhaps with an USB cable, what can you see in the console tab?
--------- Do we need to connect with the battery? Do you mean connecting by the dongle first or just plug in the usb?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

I mean actually to connect a micro usb cable to the crazyflie and connect that to the computer, so you can read it from the cfclient (perhaps try ubuntu for that).

This blogpost also explains how to get assert information after a crazyflie has crashed (red LEDS): https://www.bitcraze.io/2022/05/debug-t ... nsole-tab/, so perhaps try that in order to find out where the firmware of the crazyflie stops.

By the way, as you see here above, we are moving to https://discussions.github.io/, and there happens to be a discussion open there that seems to be similar to what you are describing: https://github.com/orgs/bitcraze/discussions/52. Would it be possible to continue the discussion and support there?