Testing a Large number of Crazyflies

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
dblockil
Beginner

Testing a Large number of Crazyflies

Post by dblockil »

Last year University of Illinois Aerospace department purchased a large number of CFs for its Quadrotor class. The class was very much a success thanks to the great products you sell. This class is only offered in the Fall. I have the task of testing the 80 Crazyflies that students used last Fall over this summer to get them ready for Fall 22. Do you have any suggestions for the test procedures I should take to make sure the CF is ready to go. Obviously I will fly each CF but I am wondering if you recommend I run any other tests.

Thanks
Dan
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Testing a Large number of Crazyflies

Post by kristoffer »

Hi Dan!

Flying sounds like a good test to me, it exercises most of the system and gives you quick feedback.

One option is the propeller and battery tests in the console tab in the client. You could use them as an indication, but I don't think they are conclusive. What I mean is that even if a battery is indicated to be "bad" it will probably still work pretty well and should possibly not be discarded. On the other hand if you have a battery that you think is bad, it might be worth using the test to verify it.

I would probably only do the flying my self.

- Kristoffer
dblockil
Beginner

Re: Testing a Large number of Crazyflies

Post by dblockil »

Ok thanks.

Dan