Issue with new wifi-img-streamer example

Discussions about the AI-deck
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Issue with new wifi-img-streamer example

Post by marcus »

It seems as if the GAP8 is running and taking images, but like you said the problem is that the AI deck keeps disconnecting from your WiFi. If you're flashing the binary from the tutorial (aideck_gap8_wifi_img_streamer_with_ap.bin) this is not compatible with the old part where the WiFi was set up from the Crazyflie and it seems as if your code is trying to connect to a WiFi AP.

Could you try to run make menuconfig for the Crazyflie firmware again and then set the WiFi setup to not connect (it's in Expansion decks->AI deck) and flash the crazyflie-firmware again? And then copy paste the console output from the start?
lucdani12
Beginner

Post by lucdani12 »

Hi Marcus, thanks for your reply.
The example works better now, and i want to report some interesting things.
1) In my university (a lot of wifi noise) ubuntu struggle to keep the simply connection with the drone
2) in my home (moderate use of wifi in the building) it connects but crashes when i send commands via radio (the problem that i described)
3) in open space with no wifi noise, ubuntu connects and i can send setpoints via radioand all works like a charm, no disconnection issues.
Thanks for your team hard work!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Thanks for your update! There are still improvements to be done but hopefully with more feedback, contributions and work this will improve.

By the way, as you see here above, we are moving support to a different platform, namely github discussions (https://discussions.bitcraze.io/). If you are still having problems, could you start a thread there in Q&A, with a link to this forum thread? That would help us very much :)