[SOLVED] Range Values freezing

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
hamsterasu
Beginner

[SOLVED] Range Values freezing

Post by hamsterasu »

Hi,

I have this issue on my bolt drone(with flow deck v2 and multiranger deck) where the range values from the multiranger deck and the z-ranger values would stay at the same value and freeze. Sometimes it happens right at the start, sometimes it happens mid-flight, which caused a few crashes. When this happens, the flow deck still continues to update flow values whereas the z-ranger values was stuck at a fixed value. I have checked the physical pins and ensured that they were in place. The deck also passed the self-tests at boot up in each of these occurences. Any help would be welcomed! :D
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Range Values freezing

Post by kimberly »

Hmm that is odd!

Have you tried the decks individually, so only the flowdeck or only the multiranger? Do you see freezing in ranging then as well?
hamsterasu
Beginner

Post by hamsterasu »

This is gonna sound a little stupid but we realised that the problem arose because we were tapping the 5V pins and Gnd pins for a FPV camera. So the camera was competing for power with both decks. The problem was solved when we removed the FPV camera!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Ahhhh that makes sense! This would be a good one to keep in mind that this can happen.

Thanks for updating us!