defconfig issue & Using additional motor

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
kbada05
Beginner

defconfig issue & Using additional motor

Post by kbada05 »

Hi.
i'm trying to modifying firmware to use additional motor(using bundle motor)

there are some problems.

first, when following tutorial that Getting started with development, Builiding source code section,
After cd to crazyflie-firmware folder
type [$ make defconfing] at terminal, it returns [No rule to make target 'defconfig'. stop]
i don't know what is problem. other [$ make PLATFORM=cf2, $ make] looks working.

second, for using additional brushed motor for actuating another tools like micro gripper,
I think that modifying firmware first for generating PWM for motor and control motor using python code at crazyflie-lib-python or client.
Can you give me hint for what script or code need to be modified for generating PWM for motor? or I need to make new header and .s file?
FYI i'm first and begginer at MCU or C programming.
I had informations about MCU pinout and motor need Timing output from MCU.

Sorry for asking too basic questions.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: defconfig issue & Using additional motor

Post by kimberly »

hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you use the Crazyflie 2.1 or the Crazyflie Bolt?

For your defconfig issue: It seems that you are on a older version of the firmware. Are you using the virtual machine and if so, which version? You will probably need to update the git repository of the crazyflie-firmware

For your additional brushed motor: it would be better for you to start a new thread on this on this forum so that my colleague can help you separately on this.