Can't connect to Crazyflie

Post here to get support
KGR249
Beginner

Can't connect to Crazyflie

Post by KGR249 »

Hi,

I have bought a couple of crazyflies for teaching and research. Two of my crazyflies will not connect since only the blue M2 lights come on. I tried to use the USB connection but it's still not working. I then tried to press and hold the power button while connecting the USB and was able to get the M2 and M3 both flashing but still cannot connect to it. I have attached some screenshots. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Abdul
Attachments
Ready to scan
Ready to scan
Trying to connect to firmware
Trying to connect to firmware
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Can't connect to Crazyflie

Post by tobias »

Something has probably gone wrong during a flash update. Do a cold boot recovery:
1. Disconnect all power
2. Connect battery while holding power button until M2 starts to blink
3. M3 should also start to bling now and you are in cold boot bootloader mode.
4. Chose cold boot (recovery) tab.
5. Press connect to bootloader and program the wanted CF2 firmware (not Bolt or Tag FW)
KGR249
Beginner

Post by KGR249 »

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your response. I tried to do the cold boot but still had some issue connecting to the crazyflie. I created a video so you can see the connection issue I am having.

https://utchattanooga.instructuremedia. ... 2859ef4e57

Will be waiting for your response.

Thanks again,
Abdul
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

I noticed from your screenshots that you are trying to connect the crazyflie on channel 0. Perhaps try another channel instead?
Could you connect your crazyflie with a USB cable, and maybe change it to 40.

Also, I see from your picture that you are using the virtual machine in virtual box. Have you made sure that the USB extension plugin was installed like in the =https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/ ... structions? Also have you tried to install the cfclient locally? The cfclient could be installed natively on windows, ubuntu and mac too as have heard more people that are having difficulties with the VM.
KGR249
Beginner

Post by KGR249 »

Hi Kimberly,

This is a little confusing. Did you watch my video response and the issues I was having to connect? The first response from Tobias did not allow the use of the USB cable since the bootloader has to be done through the Crazyradio so I did not use the USB cable.

I have the client installed on my windows machine but I thought using the client on the VM was the best way to solve this problem based on some other posts I read. Can you please give step-by-step instructions on how to proceed? I am also available to meet through zoom to get so I can fix this issue.

Thanks very much,
Abdul
KGR249
Beginner

Post by KGR249 »

Hi Kimberly,

I also forgot to mention that, the USB extension plugin link you provided does not work.

Thanks,
Abdul