Position Failure

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
RubICS
Beginner

Position Failure

Post by RubICS »

Hello Everyone,

My Crazyflie does not fly in the positions I have specified and wanted to ask if someone can help me.

First i would like to show you my Setup.
Set-UP.PNG
The position of the Crazyflie can be read at the top left corner. The first thing i did was, i just wanted the Crazyflie to fly just upwards. For this I used the Crazyflie-Python-script called: initial_position.py . The Code of the Script can be Found here: https://pastebin.com/DDwuczAM

If i understand everything right according to the script i uploaded the Crazyflie should fly to the Coordinates [1,1,1]. That would be almost an upwards- trajectory. But instead my Crazyflie flies away and i dont know why. Could someone help me?

Thanks,

RubICS
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Position Failure

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

If you have the crazyflie in your hand without flying, and move it around, does the stateEstimate seem okay to you in the plotter?

It can also be that the front of the crazyflie is not facing the right direction, as the loco positioning system does not estimate yaw. If you go back to the tutorial it will indicate towards which direction the crazyflie should be facing, namely the positive x axis in your coordinate system.
RubICS
Beginner

Post by RubICS »

Hello Kimberly,

thank you first of all for helping me. The stateEstimate works fine actually by holding the Crazyflie in my Handy without flying and i also faced the crazyflie in the right direction...

Do you know what else it could be :) ?

Yours Rubics.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

That seems weird that the position seems okay in the hand but it doesn't fly well. Could you perhaps provide a video of the crazyflie, with a plot of the state estimate from the plotter tab while doing this (tip, right click on the plot you can select export)