Crazyflie bolt buzz sound codes

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
Noschnz
Beginner

Crazyflie bolt buzz sound codes

Post by Noschnz »

Hey everyone,
Im a choreographer/dancer so I’m not super familiar with all the technical stuff in detail.
I still want to build a Prototyp drone to use it with the lighthouse system (and dancers)
I have a drone now and I was able to flash the software on it but when I start it I get sounds that don’t sound like „hey I’m ready to go“.

I was wondering if there is a table of buzz codes or something that can tell me what these sounds mean.

About the sound: it’s making 5 sounds. 3 raising then a low and then a high sound.

I hope you can help me.

Wish you a wonderful day. 🙏🏼
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie bolt buzz sound codes

Post by tobias »

The Crazyflie does a beep for each motor at startup. Sort of a way to audible hear that the drive system is OK and you should also see each propellers spin. I think you are hearing 4 sounds which is just how it should be.
Noschnz
Beginner

Post by Noschnz »

Hey,
the propeller are not really spinning but is see a tiny micro movement.
I thought maybe these sounds can give me a hint of where the mistake is. Cause I do not hear 4 but 5 sounds.
3 fast raising sounds and then two more.

my guess would be that maybe some cable have been put together the wrong way.

i have a picture and a short video in my dropbox what might help to see what going on here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/drmqfv67vhiv ... xRgla?dl=0

I hope you can help my find the mistake.

Happy easter days 🙋🏼‍♂️

best,
Marius
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Thanks for the video, that clarifies it a lot. Did not think you had a Bolt at first, should have read the title better :oops:

The ESC sound is as it should. The first three sounds are the startup sound and the two last are that they are receiving a signal. I would advice you to try the setup without propellers first. If you know how to build the firmware I would also advise you to select the OneShot125 ESC protocol as it will result in a better flight.

Code: Select all

make clean
make bolt_defconfig
make menuconfig
Then select "Motor configuration" -> "ESC protocol" -> OneShot125
Build and flash firmware.