Discussions about all things Bitcraze
RubICS
Beginner

Crazyfly flight problems

Post by RubICS »

Hello Everybody,

my Crazyfly
CrazyflyDraufsicht.jpg
is not able to fly correctly and i dont know why....

I'm using following Codes: https://pastebin.com/MgwHyXph .

My Deck is going to be detected.

The result of flying, however, does not meet my expectations. Because the Crazyflie takes off and then slides forward on the ground. And correspondingly lingers on the ground with running engines for a while. The take-off would have to take place in a straight line upwards, or am I thinking of it the wrong way? Is it intended that way, or am I doing something wrong?

Yours Rubics.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyfly flight problems

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Did you look at the Crazyflie estimated position on the cfclient plotter tab or the Loco positioning tab?

The loco positioning system has a tendency to estimate the Crazyflie vertical position lower than it's actual position in some configurations in the lower areas of the 'flight box' (the cube that you make from the loco positioning nodes). So what is happening, is that for instance, the Crazyflie 'thinks' it is at -0.5 meters, and the setpoint for take off wants to take it relatively 0.5 meter higher, it will bring that the crazyflie will stay at position 0 in the x-axis.

In your situation, you should probably make a script where the crazyfie will take off to an higher height.