Off board low level control

Discussions about autonomous flight in general, regardless of positioning method
Kristian
Beginner

Off board low level control

Post by Kristian »

Hello

I am currently in the process of developing some non linear controller for autonomous flight with drones, and would like to test them on the Crazyflie 2.1.
I have little to no experience in C and does therefor not expect to be able to implement the controller onboard the Crazyflie itself. The approach I would like to use it to implement the controller in Simulink and send the motor commands to the Crazyflie via the Crazyflie radio dongel. Position and orientation data will be provided from an Opti track system.

I have seen in other block post that it may be possible to use python commands to set the desired voltage/Pwm value for each motor individually but have been unable to find any documentation for this.

Is anyone aware of any documentation for this, or have any experience with doing direct motor control on the Crazyflie?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Off board low level control

Post by tobias »

There is the possibility to use the motorPowerSet parameter group but I think this way would be to slow to do any low level control off-board. There has been some successful attempts before like in this post but It will, if I recall correctly, require modifying firmware and writing c-code.
HazarB
Beginner

Re: Off board low level control

Post by HazarB »

hi kristian,did you manage to send pwm to the motors directly because im doing the same thing now and ill be glad if you did this.
Thank you so much.