Unable to connect to Basestations

Topics related to the Lighthouse positioning system, configuration and use
qgrgaroto
Beginner

Unable to connect to Basestations

Post by qgrgaroto »

Hi!!
Im following the tutorials but Im unable to see my baseStation in order to "Set BS Channel". I´ve read some tutorials and they basically say that should be a plug´n play and after click the button 'scan basestation' I would be able to connect it. Instead of it, I just can see 'no basestation found' message. I thought it could be a driver issue and after looking for a while on internet I've read that the usb port should be used only for firmware update purposes. I can't even see them in usb list(I tried to list devices both on windows and linux).
Im using a HTC model 2PR8100 and I know that the basestations are working well because I can use them with SteamVR software.
I dont know if it not in the scope of the support forum but it would be great if you could provide any insights about what to do.
This is how looks like when Im connected to the crazyflie.
Animation.gif
Thank you
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Unable to connect to Basestations

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

We use the microusb port to change the channels manually, but if you have used it with steamVR already, then probably they have already been put on different channels already by steamVR, so you can actually skip that part of changing the channels manually. These instructions are mostly so that steamVR does not need to be installed at all by users.

The old lighthouse doc did mention that steamvr might have changed the rights to the lighthouse basestations: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:lighthouse:setup, so that is perhaps why you are having usb accessing issues, but that is if you need to actually access them through our cfclient and basestation configuration tool (which I don't think you need to do anyway).

Next step for you is to continue to follow the lighthouse tutorial step by step (probably skipping the manually changing of the channels of the basestation). Now it is important that you reflash the crazyflie and the lighthouse deck firmware according to the instructions.