CF client can’t see Crazyflie

Discussions about all things Bitcraze
danromero59
Beginner

CF client can’t see Crazyflie

Post by danromero59 »

Hello,

I am a newbie on this technology. I have three Crazyflies that I have assembled. I have the CF client installed on my Windows laptop. I tried to fly the Crazyflies using the client with Crazyradio PA and PS3 connected to USB.
Two of the Crazyflies were ok. But I am having a problem with the third one. When I scan, the CF client is unable to find it. One thing that I noticed is that when I turned this Crazyflie, the two back LEDs 2 and 3 are ON as blue lights but the LED 1 at the front continuously blinks green light. This is different from the other two that worked. LED 1 on these blinks red light,
Any clue on what the blinking green LED 1 light means? How do zi get the CF client find my drone?
Any help is appreciated.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CF client can’t see Crazyflie

Post by tobias »

The M1 green LED would indicate something being written to the micro-SD card, which requires a micro-SD card deck. Do you have that mounted?

Are you able to enter bootloader mode and flash it with e.g. the latest stable release 2022.01? You could try connecting it to your computer using a USB cable and scan for it in the cfclient.
danromero59
Beginner

Post by danromero59 »

I don’t have a micro-SD card connected.
I tried to scan using CFclient but it’s not able to see the Crazyflie. I connected the CF directly to the USB but same result. I can’t enter the boot loader mode.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

hi!

To connect with your crazyflie with USB directly, you might need to configure that for windows the same way as for the crazyradio: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... sbwindows/

If the green LED blinks while you are not connected to the cfclient, and no decks are attached, then it seems that the firmware on there is not default. Did you get these crazyflies new or did you get them from somebody within your lab? It could be that the p2p app is flashed on it and that could make it harder to connect to the cfclient.

Please use these instructions to reflash the crazyflie in recovery mode. This has instructions to put the crazyflie manually in bootloader mode.