Video Streaming Issues

Discussions about the AI-deck
mwsatman
Beginner

Video Streaming Issues

Post by mwsatman »

Hello!
I have issues with an AI-deck board for video streaming.

My setup:
1. CF stack From Top >> LightHouse Deck + CF + AI Deck + Flow Deck
2. I tested and flash the AIDeck using AI-Deck Workshop Virtual Machine with Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H
3. I replaced the AI deck greyscale camera to BayerRGB. I tested with test_camera and it provided me img_raw.ppm and image_color.ppm (although it is really greenish color - another issue). This means the camera connection works after I replaced it.
4. I changed the NINA from access point to connect to my router (by changing from menuconfig). It works and I can ping the AI-deck, which I assume the WiFi connection is OK.

Now, the issue is that when I run the video streamer, the viewer says the socket is connected but showing blank image.
I want to attach a snapshot, but I don't know how to do that.
It is similar with what happen in here viewtopic.php?p=22975#p22975

On a side note, I have two identical setup and the video streamer works well on them. I am not sure what happen with this one.
Do you have any suggestions to pinpoint the problem?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Video Streaming Issues

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Just a couple of questions about your problem:
  • Which version GAP sdk are you using?
  • Sometimes some restarting is necessary for the Aideck after flashing, did you restart the Crazyflie with plugging the battery in and out?
  • Did you try to do 'make run' (on RAM flashing) for the WiFi example too?
  • 4 till last the last post of that forum thread you shared, I've shared the full step by step plan to enable the wifi example. Did you also try to it according to that list
aqqz
Beginner

Post by aqqz »

Hello, the Lighthouse Deck and the AIdeck has some pin conflict, in the UART1https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/s ... w%20is%20a, so the gap8 task can not use, so you can not run the wifi_jpeg_streamer both with lighthouse Deck and AIdeck
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

aqqz has a point, however the wifi example in it's current state does not make use of the UART port that is connected to the gap8. The camera is streamed through the wifi only and no uart port initialization is done from the example. So as long as you do not use that UART port, you can technically use the lighthouse deck (see *3 on that expansion board page)