BigQuad - motor does not spin.

Firmware/software/electronics
Han Jae-won
Beginner

BigQuad - motor does not spin.

Post by Han Jae-won »

I'm going to build a bigger quadcopter and fly using a big quad deck.
Parts with the following specifications were used.

Motor : Tarot 2206-1900kV
ESC : Hobbywing 15A
Frame : QAV 250

When I tried to connect this larger quadcopter to PC Client to check the direction of rotation of the motor, the program could scan the CF address but couldn't connect.
So I followed this step -> https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... g_firmware
and I could connect the quadcopter to PC Client, but only the beep sound of the motor was heard, and the motor did not work at all.
It is determined that the pwm signal is not transmitted to the motor through esc.
Is there anything I need to modify in crazyflie firmware? ( I uploaded the latest version 2021.06)

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me the answer.
Attachments
qav250.jpg
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: BigQuad - motor does not spin.

Post by tobias »

Hi!

The BiqQuad needs to be enabled in the firmware. It is not enabled by default due to the early access project status. See the usage section for the BigQuad deck.
Han Jae-won
Beginner

Post by Han Jae-won »

Firmware has activated the bigquad deck according to the instructions below, but it still seems that Esc is not receiving the pwm signal.
Is there any other way?

https://wiki.bitcraze.io/projects:crazy ... g_firmware
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It could be that you need to disarm the crazyflie but this should not be enabled by default. Please have a look at this post.

Do you have a multimeter so you could measure the signal voltage to verify you get an output?