What is the connector opposite the uUSB on the CF Bolt?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
qubitter
Beginner

What is the connector opposite the uUSB on the CF Bolt?

Post by qubitter »

On the Crazyflie Bolt, on the other side of the board from the uUSB, there is a 6-pin female connector, labeled in the datasheet as P3. What is this connector for? Can it be used to connect the Bolt to an external PDB?
qubitter
Beginner

Re: What is the connector opposite the uUSB on the CF Bolt?

Post by qubitter »

Also, what is the best method for connecting the Bolt to an external PDB? Ideally there'd be some sort of data link between the two so that I could read power usage and battery information. Is that something that's possible?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

The 6-pin is the SWD program connector.

It is a bit clumsy when used with an external PDB. I would solder to the motor signal wires (the middle pin on the connectors). Remove the XT30 connector and solder smaller wires to the PDB for GND and VBAT. These would power the Bolt and also make it possible for it to measure the voltage.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

Tobias,

I'd need to use the motor signal wires to send signals to the motors. Would soldering GND and VBAT where the XT60 connector was provide information to the Bolt about voltage?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Would soldering GND and VBAT where the XT60 connector was provide information to the Bolt about voltage?
Yes, but keep in mind that the Bolt can take at most 4S.