LPS Anchor Setup Difficulties

All discussions related to the Loco Positioning system
DM7299

LPS Anchor Setup Difficulties

Post by DM7299 »

In setting up my LPS system, I came across a problem when attempting to update the anchors.
I was following the steps at "https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... ng-system/", and was on 'Update the Nodes', after installing all of the relevant files from the linked github (using the linux versions, as I am using the Virtual Machine), but found that even if I plugged my computer in while holding down the DFU button, I could not update the nodes. Instead, when I select the lps-node-firmare-2020.09.dfu file in the LPS configuration tool, the Update button remains grey and unclickable (see attached screenshot).

Is there some step I've missed that might affect this? Is there a specific folder that lps-node-firmware-2020.09.dfu might need to be moved to, or perhaps the LPS configuration tool itself needs to be moved? Any insight would be appreciated.

Information that may be relevant - this is not the first time these anchors have been used, as a previous student in my lab conducted an experiment with them in a previous year. I tested to make sure they all work (they do, the lights turn on as expected, etc), but perhaps the fact that they have already been used once is in some way involved?

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 3.39.49 PM.png
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: LPS Anchor Setup Difficulties

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

In the virtual machine, you usually have to select which USB device is ported to the VM. If you are using virtualbox, that is in the top menu with devices/usb/ and you will see a list of usb devices that are currently connected. Have you done this already?
DM7299

Re: [SOLVED] LPS Anchor Setup Difficulties

Post by DM7299 »

I had forgotten to connect the usb - that solved it, thank you!