Book recommendations for Crazyflie specific topics

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
alex
Expert

Book recommendations for Crazyflie specific topics

Post by alex »

Hey guys,

glad to see this great project growing by means of forum posts, active members and useful information to get the Crazyflie flying. I ordered my 10 DOF kit some days ago and can't wait to experiment with the regulation algorithm and the setup.

I've some pretty good experience in object oriented programming. I did some programming on an ATmega micro controller with sensors and a LCD panel, too.

Since I'm eager to use the time till shipping of the Crazyflie, I would be grateful to get some recommendations of reading material. Are there topics one will most likely be confronted with? What about (e)books on Python and/or PyQT? Is there any knowledge that might be useful to acquire beforehand? I guess you got my intention. :roll: :D The language (German or English) is secondary.

Looking forward to getting some input. Thanks.

-alex
Last edited by alex on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Book recommendation for Crazyflie

Post by tobias »

That is a really good question which I unfortunatly don't have a good answer to. I'm more of a"googling" guy and haven't read a educational book in ages. Would we really interesting to get others input on this.

What are your interests? Maybe it is better to start there as the Crazyflie incorporates so many technologies.
jabami
Beginner

Post by jabami »

alex
Expert

Post by alex »

Thank you guys, I'm especially interested in implementing the PID algorithm along with playing with its parameters. But as I'm new to flying at all, some theoretical know-how about what's going on and multi rotor vehicles in general might get handy later. Good idea, maybe I'm going to follow that topic! Simultaneously I am teaching myself some Python basics with this tutorial, which is supposed to be well written and structured:

http://swaroopch.com/notes/python

I need to get that Crazyflie Control Center running.

Further suggestions are welcome. :D
tommyw
Beginner

Re: Book recommendations for Crazyflie specific topics

Post by tommyw »

I thought this was good when I wanted to know more about PID control: http://tec.upc.es/mp/2012/PID-without-a-PhD.pdf
alex
Expert

Post by alex »

That's a nice addition to my course papers about automatic control engineering some years ago. :D Thanks.
vanessahemmings
Beginner

Post by vanessahemmings »

Hey guys, I just started exploring Python. Are these books still actual ?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

For python probably, but there has been quite some changes I think.

This might also be a good one: 'The Quick Python book'.

How I used to do it ithat I just had to work with a project that happened to be in python, and google for what I needed, but it's good to have some basics.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

I would agree indeed. And ofcourse applying it in your project. Doing is better then reading :)

By the way, this seem like an interesting topic to continue but I would recommend anybody that would like to further respond to this, copy the link of this thread and continue the dicussion on our new support platform, namely github discussions (https://discussions.bitcraze.io/).