I am currently working with a Crazyflie bolt UAV with an external Qualysis MoCap system and I am using commands like takeoff(z), goto(x,y,z,yaw) and hover(time). The X, Y and Z positions are able to be controlled but I need to be able to control the UAV's yaw direction.
Currently, I am using the following scripts to accomplish the task and these scripts are similar to Whoenig's scripts on GitHub
- https://github.com/reedlamy/CrazyFly_ws ... azyflie.py
- https://github.com/reedlamy/CrazyFly_ws ... ommands.py
- https://github.com/reedlamy/CrazyFly_ws ... stream2.py
- https://github.com/reedlamy/CrazyFly_ws ... flies_2.py
- Using gyroscope to receive yaw state and I believe this is the standard method. I also believe this is the case when I use external camera to publish "external_position" (x,y,z)
- Using external cameras to publish quaternian values and derive yaw from here. I believe this occurs when I publish external camera data under "external_pose" (position.x,position.y,position.z,orientation.x,orientation.y,orientation.z,orientation.w)
Either way, when I command yaw to a new position, I do not get any results. I have tried to find a solution and it seems like the issue lies either in crtp_commander_generic.c or crpt_commander_rpyt.c. I believe I need to change mode.yaw to modeABS from modeVelocity but I do not know where.
I believe this to be the case from the following forums.