Starting processes

Firmware/software/electronics
Krisz
Beginner

Starting processes

Post by Krisz »

Hello everyone!

I am a new memeber of this Forum with Crazyflie 2.0 (Crazyradio PA as well).
I use Win 10 OS and I have an Xbox one S controller.

First of all I installed the Crazyflie PC client and it works, but I am not able to connect the controller. ( I have not got any openable line if I click on the "Input Device tab" ) How can I solve this problem? :|

The second problem, that I installed the python (Anaconda spyder) and 3.5 as well... and the other stuff what are on the "how to start" page but I have not got any IDE which I can work with... for example Arduino IDe or something like that... form the spyder or from the Python coding program I can not load up the program what I wrote to the Drone. How can I install or use any normal IDE for the drone??? :shock:
Thanks a lot as well!
I am open for a skype/facebook or any other videochat meeting! I would be very greatfull!!!
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Starting processes

Post by kimberly »

Hi and welcome!

Hmm strange that you are not able to see any controller. Windows should be able to detect the xbox controller right away.... check online how you can check that you controller is recognized in your device manager (quick google got me on: https://windowsreport.com/xbox-one-cont ... indows-10/)

So, if I assume correctly, you just want to work with the crazyflie python library? Like if you want to run the script from this tutorial: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/t ... ng-bundle/ ? Anaconda could work, but in general we have more experience with eclipse or virtual studio code with the python extension. I tried the latter on a windows machine lately and for python it worked for me.
Krisz
Beginner

Post by Krisz »

Hello!

Unfortunatelly, everything are set in Windows correctly.
But if I click to the "input device" tab in the Client I can click just to the Configure Device mapping.... the others are not available.(grey)

Yes I would like to write my own flying program with my own filters and controllling, but till this time I can ot reach the drone from windows.
How can I use an Interface to programming like the "Arduino IDE".
Thanks for the LINK but it is does not work for me with this steps.

Anyone can help a bit to me maybe in live?
Thanks !
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi.

Could you send a screenshot of your device manager (windowsbutton and write 'device manager') from the 'human interface devices'. It is important to know if windows is detecting the controller at all. For instance, my cfclient is able to detect the ps3 controller on my windows 10, and the xbox controller should be even easier since its a microsoft product.

Ah oke sorry I misunderstood what you wanted. With IDE, you means that you want a dedicated IDE to change the onboard firmware (in c) of the crazyflie? We do not have something like that... You will need to make it via cygwin and a terminal, of which the instructions are written in the readme of the repo: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware.

Let us know if this works out for you, as we don't have many users that uses windows to flash new firmware this way! It might be outdated.