Problems with setting P2P API

Firmware/software/electronics
cld
Beginner

Problems with setting P2P API

Post by cld »

Hello,

Maybe a rookie question but i am having some troubles with setting up the P2P communication following the documentation here: https://www.bitcraze.io/docs/crazyflie- ... r/p2p_api/

I am trying to follow the simple instructions in the documentation page in order to compile and then upload a new firmware on the Crazyflie.

My actions:
- I cloned the repo crazyflie2-nrf-firmware
- I am trying to compile the firmware following the instruction in the documentation page (clearly from within the correct folder crazyflie2-nrf-firmware), that is:

Code: Select all

make clean
make BLE=0
make cload BLE=0
When I execute

make clean 
I obtain this message

rm -f cf2_nrf.bin cf2_nrf.elf src/ble/ble.o src/ble/ble_crazyflies.o src/ble/timeslot.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/ble/ble_advdata.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/ble/ble_conn_params.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/ble/ble_services/ble_srv_common.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/ble/ble_services/ble_dis.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/sd_common/softdevice_handler.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/app_common/app_timer.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/app_common/pstorage.o nrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Source/ble/device_manager/device_manager_peripheral.o src/main.o gcc_startup_nrf51.o system_nrf51.o src/uart.o src/syslink.o src/pm.o src/systick.o src/button.o src/swd.o src/ow.o src/ow/owlnk.o src/ow/ownet.o src/ow/owtran.o src/ow/crcutil.o src/ds2431.o src/ds28e05.o src/esb.o src/memory.o src/platform.o src/platform_cf2.o src/debug.o
When I execute

make BLE=0
I obtain this message

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -DNRF51  -I Include -I Include/gcc -Iinterface  -g3 -O0 -Wall -fsingle-precision-constant -ffast-math -std=gnu11 -DS110=1 -DBLE_STACK_SUPPORT_REQD -DNRF51 -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/gcc -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/ble/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/ble/ble_services/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/ble/device_manager/ -Is110/s110_nrf51822_7.3.0_API/include -Is110/Include/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/app_common/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/sd_common/ -Inrf51_sdk/nrf51822/Include/sdk/   -c -o src/ble/ble.o src/ble/ble.c
src/ble/ble.c:19:27: fatal error: nordic_common.h: No such file or directory

^
compilation terminated.
<builtin>: recipe for target 'src/ble/ble.o' failed
make: *** [src/ble/ble.o] Error 1

Any suggestion?
I am not an expert here so any kind of help may be beneficial :)

Kind regards,
Claudio
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: Problems with setting P2P API

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

So it seems that you are missing the NRF files from nordic. Are you sure you followed all the readme of the repo, including the './tools/build/download_deps' as indicated on the top?

The interesting thing is, is that with BLE=0 you wouldn't need it anyway.. but that is maybe another issue. Actually, the p2p functionality should now work with the latest master with BLE support compiled (so just with 'make') which was fixed in this issue: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie2- ... /issues/34
cld
Beginner

Re: Problems with setting P2P API

Post by cld »

Hei,

Thanks for your reply and support!

Something must have gone wrong with the installation of the packages.
I fixed that and I will take it from here.

I am sure I will come up with more questions later :)