Sometime restart while doin nothing, where should I start looking?

Post here to get support
Pete
Beginner

Sometime restart while doin nothing, where should I start looking?

Post by Pete »

Sometimes while they just sit there loading they restart and annoyingly don't start loading again. I got this message over the console after one such restart
SYS: Crazyflie 2.1 is up and running!
SYS: Build 0:620e1bf09540 (NA) MODIFIED
SYS: I am 0x20393743484850160032002D and I have 1024KB of flash!
CFGBLK: v1, verification [OK]
DECK_CORE: 2 deck(s) found
DECK_CORE: Calling INIT on driver bcDWM1000 for deck 0
DECK_CORE: Calling INIT on driver bcZRanger for deck 1
IMU: BMI088 Gyro I2C connection [OK].
IMU: BMI088 Accel I2C connection [OK]
IMU: BMP388 I2C connection [OK]
ESTIMATOR: Using Kalman (2) estimator
CONTROLLER: Using PID (1) controller
PLATFORM: Low interference mode. NRF51 TX power offset by -12db.
EEPROM: I2C connection [FAIL].
DECK_CORE: Deck 0 test [OK].
DECK_CORE: Deck 1 test [FAIL].
SYS: The system resumed after watchdog timeout [WARNING]
SYS: Assert failed at src/drivers/src/nvic.c:142
I am running a firmware modified for p2p communication (so the nrf code is slightly different too), though my code shouldn't really be doing anything beside waiting in that situation. I think it didn't do that some changes ago maybe after I integrated some changes from the main git for the firmware and the nrf firmware (guess I should probably roll it back and see where it started.)

Anyway I figure I will figure it out if I invest time in it, but if anybody has a type for where to start looking I would appreciate it because I expect it to be frustrating.

Btw while I am at it is there a good guide somewhere how to flash multiple at once with warmboot? Edit: ah nvm with a few changes to the reset_to_bootloader of cfloader.py flashing works. I don't know how to do it at the same time (can I with 1 antenna?) but setting up a script to flash them 1 after another is already more comfortable.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Sometime restart while doin nothing, where should I start looking?

Post by tobias »

Hard to say but the console seems to have problems with I2C connection. Could be a glitch in the connection between the z-ranger and crazyflie.

Flashing FW to many, one after the other, is possible with a script. Please check the cload* scripts here.