Hover with flow deck shaking and goes crazy

Discussions about technology in general
RyanMco
Expert

Hover with flow deck shaking and goes crazy

Post by RyanMco »

Hi, I had flash the crazyflie with latest firmware, updated cflib and python client. However, when i applied assist control (HOVER MODE) button with my joystick, I press thrust then my crazyflie is going crazy and I have no controller to stop it (it's very fast! ), my flowdeck recording to my logs works fine and all is fine with flowdeck, I don't have stable hover (in other words my crazyflie goes crazy once I press thrust button in my joystick) ... any help how can I get my crazyflie stable in its hovering?!

exacltly what's happened, I put my crazyflie on the ground and assist mode by the client of my pc into hover mode, I press thrust's button on my joystick, my crazyflie goes like an idiot - crazy- ! any help to stable it?! thanks
if I want to take off my crazyflie, yeah it's taking off but taking off like crazy motion "sounds like jumping(hovering) to a random direction .. "

p.s : I didn't configure yaw coordination ..
RyanMco
Expert

Re: Hover with flow deck shaking and goes crazy

Post by RyanMco »

GUYS, any help please? four days on that problem!!!!!
Redferne
Beginner

Post by Redferne »

I experienced the same phenomenon this weekend. It seems like the flowdeck camera really needs a well lit environment to work properly. Tried flying in the dark using Hover mode and it was impossible to get the Crazyflie stable. Altitude hold worked OK though.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It could be something with the HW but it sounds more like the flow has problem tracking. One problem with optical flow is that it needs lighting and features to track. The algorithms are not perfect and especially error handling could be improved a lot. The laser ranger sensor on the other hand sends out IR light so works well in the dark, but not in sunlight...