Any ideas for a self flipping Crazyflie 2.0?

Wan't to discuss something that's relevant but has no forum, this is the place
TheYoyoFreak

Any ideas for a self flipping Crazyflie 2.0?

Post by TheYoyoFreak »

This may seem like a non-issue to some of you, but it's kind of a relatively big deal to me. You see I would love for my Crazyflie to be able to flip back over by the push of a button. You may ask yourself, "Why not just reach down and flip it yourself lazy?" You see I have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and it's starting to get difficult to do that, I'm actually in a power wheelchair currently. I'm would think of myself as not too tech savvy with any type of coding.
Perhaps if there was a way to use an expansion deck for another purpose, like maybe a bar attached to the Crazyflie that hits the ground causing it to flip back over? I could always just use a paper clip and a string since the motors have magnets, but where is the fun in that? Even just a little bit of input from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Any ideas for a self flipping Crazyflie 2.0?

Post by tobias »

I think it would be a very useful functionality as the drones get more and more autonomous. You don't want them to become a potential turtle on its back after a crash. Some kind of servo solution is the first thing that comes to my mind, or inflatable/deflatable balloon :-)
TheYoyoFreak

Post by TheYoyoFreak »

Wow, it's been that long ago? Thank you for the input. If someone finds a solution that would be great.
TheYoyoFreak

Post by TheYoyoFreak »

Oh my bad, I confused the date I posted with the date I joined.