M3 Rotates the Wrong Direction, Checked Everything

Post here to get support
rkiara
Beginner

M3 Rotates the Wrong Direction, Checked Everything

Post by rkiara »

Hiya There,

As per title, M3 is turning the incorrect direction. Clockwise (CW) when it should be matching M1; counter clockwise. (CCW)
I know what you are thinking though its soldered to the PCB in exactly the same way as the supplied documentation.

Any tips? :)
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: M3 Rotates the Wrong Direction, Checked Everything

Post by tobias »

Hmm, that is really strange. Maybe the motor has been assembled wrongly and they switched the wires in the factory. The electronics can only turn it in one direction so then the only solution is to desolder and swap the wires. Easiest is to heat up the pads from one side until the wires can be pulled out. Have a look at this post.
rkiara
Beginner

Post by rkiara »

Thanks for the reply.
Yah, all i can think of is
- Something backwards with motor (unlikely i would have thought)
- Something wrong with a batch of PCB's. Thought i would have 100% found others with same issue (i haven't)
- I have messed up the soldering. This is the most likely option i know.

Will test further with multimeter, unsolder, test more and install backwards if that will work.

thanks!
DesTinY

Post by DesTinY »

Hi rkiara,
can you make some pictures of your soldering skills :D on the CF (both sides). Maybe we can see something unusual.
rkiara
Beginner

Post by rkiara »

Hrm, well it would seem something odd is going on indeed.

Sorry about pic quality (and my soldering, its been a while) You can see though none of the pads are touching.
Large http://postimg.org/image/t4po3nemr/full/

I removed the motor, applied black to negative and white to positive on a AA battery and the blade rotated the correct way, (CCW)

Picture of under side
Large http://postimg.org/image/ajg4ivrzl/full/

It matches the Wiki based documentation

Ok, so i cant find my solder wick or pump and after much messing about, decided to just stick the wires on the top side... though backwards to the doco.

With that, it now hovers... kinda - Im on Win764bit + PS3 controller + MotionJoy so suffering those setup issues.

Anywho, what do you think?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Did you try with your other spare motor? I think the motor factory messed it up and put the colors in the wrong place.

You should get some flux, preferable no clean flux, put it on the solder and heat them up again. Then you will get some nice solder joints. ;)