Crazyflie not sending data packet with RSSI along with ACK

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
nahushg
Beginner

Crazyflie not sending data packet with RSSI along with ACK

Post by nahushg »

I am trying to get RSSI values from crazyflie.
I am trying to send an empty packet : pk = cradio.send_packet((0xff, )) and then trying to read then ACK and expecting a data packet with (0xff, 0x01 and | RSSI |). But I am only receiving the acknowledgment (pk.ack is true) but not receiving any data. Can anyone suggest what could be the cause of this ?

I don't know if I am setting the (RSSI_ACK_PACKET) compiler flag correctly (if anyone can tell me how to set this in firmware and which files to modify) as given in this blog --> https://www.bitcraze.io/2014/09/crazyfl ... ange-test/ .
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie not sending data packet with RSSI along with ACK

Post by tobias »

Welcome to the forum nahushg!

The RSSI measurements is implemented as a log variable which is updated 100 times/second. This you can plot in the cfclient creating a log block with the RSSI.

If you wan't the RSSI for every packet you need to do what you suggested which requires some changes to the cfclient to take care of the extra RSSI data that is sent.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

if you really want the RSSI at low level, using the latest version of the Crazyflie 2.0 firmware I can read the RSSI measurement using this code: https://gist.github.com/ataffanel/87669 ... 8f5ee5d3ad

The RSSI measurement is now included by default in the firmware. It is sent back instead of an empty ack. Are you running the latest version of the firmware?
nahushg
Beginner

Post by nahushg »

@arnaud :

Thank you very much ! I updated the firmware and I can receive the RSSI values now !!