Thrust/Throttle hold (not altitude hold)

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Miracoli
Beginner

Thrust/Throttle hold (not altitude hold)

Post by Miracoli »

Hi,

i couldn't find a setting for holding the target thrust. What i mean is one starts with a thrust of zero and when you move the gamepad stick up, the thrust value is increased until you let the stick go back to middle position, where then the thrust is held. When the stick is moved down the thrust value is decreased in the same way. I hope you understand what i mean, if not i will try to describe it better.

Is there already a setting like this that i didn't see?

Nevertheless, since it is easier to fly for me like this (instead of holding the stick up all time trying to get the right thrust), i've written the code for it.
My question is now, if there is interest in having the code for the official client (and a checkbox in the gui e.g. "thrust hold" under advanced flight settings). If so, i would do a fork and let one of the main developers review the code maybe he could answer some questions (where to put the checkbox, interaction with existing code for emergency stop etc.). Finally i would issue a pull request.

Thanks!
theseankelly
Expert

Re: Thrust/Throttle hold (not altitude hold)

Post by theseankelly »

I'd totally use this all the time.
http://www.thejumperwire.com
Tips, tutorials, and science about DIY electronics, drones, and embedded software.