Development without Crazyradio

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
caglar
Beginner

Development without Crazyradio

Post by caglar »

Hello,

I bought Crazyflie to make so development. It just arrived and wanted to build enviroment but realize that I should have Crazyradio [1]. I didn't quite investigate while buying so I don't have Crazyradio now. Is it possible to develop and upload my application to Crazyflie without Crazyradio. Here [2] they say "theoretically possible to use Bluetooth" but how this convenient?

[1] https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie:dev:starting
[2] viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1738&p=8892&hilit=Crazyradio#p8892
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Development without Crazyradio

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Depending on what you are interested in, it is not convenient to have only bluetooth:

The Crazyflie contains a Bluetooth bootloader and it can be controlled from Bluetooth, in theory all you need is a new bluetooth link driver for the client and. However this is not a trivial task.

The mobile clients, Android and iOS, both have bluetooth support but only ios currently support the bluetooth bootloader. I suppose it would not be so hard to hack the ios client to bootload a file instead of downloading it from the internet.

If you have an interest in working with communication and bluetooth then there is much to look at, if you are more interested in other things, like modifying the firmware, then Crazyradio is much more convenient.

/Arnaud
caglar
Beginner

Re: Development without Crazyradio

Post by caglar »

Hi again,

Thank you for help. I bought Crazyradio :)