Which Client to use

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Psichosix
Beginner

Which Client to use

Post by Psichosix »

On the wiki the screenshots of the cfclient shows setting on the main tab for the LED lights on the bottom left corner. Which build or branch is this from? I cannot seem to get that to show up.
derf
Expert

Re: Which Client to use

Post by derf »

You can find it on the develop branch:
-> https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... ee/develop

Unfortunately there has not been an official release for quite some time (hint hint ;) ).
Psichosix
Beginner

Post by Psichosix »

I'm guessing I don't remember eclipse as well as I thought. I updated my files with the current on the repository. I checked out a new branch. Still no go. Dug through history to where it was added. Tried checking that out. No matter what I try I never get any change to reflect in the client when I launch it. What could I be missing?
derf
Expert

Post by derf »

Just use the link to GitHub and click on the "Download Zip" button on the right side.
That version works. I just tested it.

Should also work when checking out with Eclipse. Are you sure you are looking at the right directory when you start the client?
Psichosix
Beginner

Post by Psichosix »

If I read that right, I should be able to delete everything. Download zip and unpack it. Launch the client and be good to go?
Psichosix
Beginner

Post by Psichosix »

I am new to Linux. Turns out there was a copy still in /usr/local. I was able to delete it. However if I type cfclient it would still try and start it. I downloaded the zip and if I run it with command python cfclient it works. If I dont put python first it tries to launch somewhere else. Is there an easy way to clean this up?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Maybe you installed the client with pip if it is in /usr/local

You can try:

Code: Select all

sudo pip uninstall cfclient