Self stabilizing using the 3-axis accelerometer?

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
ahorvat
Beginner

Re: Self stabilizing using the 3-axis accelerometer?

Post by ahorvat »

I'm also having trouble getting started here. I have the latest pull from of the hover branch. No motor activity when I enable hover mode. Also when I try to follow the tip above, I can't find any debug field in the parameters tab. Where should I be seeing it?

Furthermore, PS3 mode 2 indicates that thrust needs to be configured. The only axis available is the same as the hover axis. But if I try to set it to the same axis, enabling hover mode just locks the cf at it's last value.

Confused, and would appreciate any tips.
rmirwin2

Post by rmirwin2 »

VGer's v1.7.1 frame, 10DOF Crazyflie, Wireless Xbox360 Controller, Virtual Machine on VMware/Windows 7
ahorvat
Beginner

Post by ahorvat »

rmirwin2 wrote:Please refer to this thread:

http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=20
Thanks, seems that I indeed was getting the default firmware branch instead of the hover branch.
Now I can enable debug, but I'm still having the "hover into the ceiling" issue. The hover value in the GUI does respond to the left stick, but this has no effect on the motor thrust.

Ideas?
jtang613
Beginner

Post by jtang613 »

rmirwin2 wrote:To get your motors going, be sure and set debug=0 in the Parameter Tab!
It's defaulted to 1 in Philip's newer versions for safety reasons!
Rich
Hi Rich, et al,

All your suggestions are appreciated.

I've tried setting debug=0 in the parameters tab, the motors still fail to spin. Any thoughts?

If I recompile with debugMode=normalThrust in stabilizer.c, it sorta works. That is, the motors spin, but the control is completely out of whack.

I plan on digging further into the firmware and client. It's behaving as if the firmware is not receiving the debug=0. Perhaps a widget on the flight control panel will make more sense.