[SOLVED] Instal Python Client on iMac with Yosemite 10.10.1

Post here to get support
antonio73
Beginner

[SOLVED] Instal Python Client on iMac with Yosemite 10.10.1

Post by antonio73 »

Good evening everyone!
I hope this is not creating a duplicate question.. After a bit of research I haven't been able to find a similar situation, so I will dare to post.
Trust your understanding: despite my being new to this forum, I am very interested in this great project and I will do my best "to fill the gaps of my knowledge". Lot of work ahead since I am just a beginner to coding languages and dev environment. I use a 2010 i3 iMac, which now upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.1 since my former OS was starting to be rejected by too many software developers...
Here comes my problem:

I wanted to install the Crazyflie client with macPorts , so I followed the instruction at http://wiki.bitcraze.se/doc:crazyflie:h ... pendencies
(I also applied the procedures for migrating my previous macport installation (which was under Snow Leopard) to the new OS (Yosemite).

Everything runs smooth until I get to the command:

sudo port install libusb python27 py27-pyusb py27-SDL2 py27-pyqt4

which prompts the following error:

iMac:~ antonio$ sudo port install libusb python27 py27-pyusb py27-SDL2 py27-pyqt4
---> Cleaning libusb
---> Computing dependencies for python27
---> Dependencies to be installed: db48
Error: Requested variants "" do not match original selection "+java".
Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean db48' or specify the force option (-f).
Error: Failed to install db48
Please see the log file for port db48 for details:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db48/db48/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: db48
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port python27 failed

Obviously that makes the rest of the procedure a total failure.
Cam anybody tell me how can I have a look at the above mentioned /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db48/db48/main.log file ? Would it help ?
I would be grateful if anybody could lead me in the right direction in order to solve the issue and set up, while I wait for Crazyflie delivery, the necessary software environment. I understand that - maybe - a few things might change or be updated with the release of some special software version for Crazyflie2, but, nevertheless, I would like to investigate and, maybe, solve this issue... Could be good experience for the future!
I also would like to take this occasion to thank Arnaud Taffanel for answering my emails, solving some other issues and directing me to this gold mine forum where exchange of experience can be profitable for lots of people (and not just one).
Thanks,

Antonio
Last edited by antonio73 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chad
Expert

Re: Problems installing VM on iMac with Yosemite 10.10.1

Post by chad »

Hi Antonio!

The title says you're having trouble installing the VM, but it looks like you're actually trying to install the python client (not the VM), right? You might want to change the thread title to make that more clear to others who can help. In any case, the instructions you're following will get the python client installed natively on your iMac rather than having to use a Linux VM.

As far as the error you're seeing, might be an issue with the migrated ports install. I'm not sure. I migrated mine when I upgraded to Yosemite but I didn't see the same error you did. Could it be that you installed something else that required db48 with the java variant? Maybe that's the conflict now...

Try doing what it asks first:

Code: Select all

sudo port clean db48
Then re-run the install line you got stuck at.

If you want to check the log, just see if you can open it:

open /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db48/db48/main.log
If there's nothing interesting in the log, try reinstalling only db48 manually (with no variant):

sudo port -vv install db48
If it's still a no go, try removing it, then reinstalling it again (though it will might want you that you need to uninstall things that depend on it first):

sudo port -vv uninstall db48
Post back what you find...
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
antonio73
Beginner

Re: Installing Python Client on iMac with Yosemite 10.10.1

Post by antonio73 »

Thanks Chad.
Sorry for the misleading subject row. It has now been updated to a more meaningful subject.
I am going to test your commands over the weekend and will give an update sson.
Antonio
lxrocks

Post by lxrocks »

I found I had many issues with MacPorts after upgrading to Yosemite from Mavericks. I really had a Macports that had evolved from Snow Leopard and I reckoned it was time to clean up. This does take a bit of time, but it was worth it in the long run. It also takes some bandwidth and Data Volume.

I followed some of the commands found in this MacPorts migration guide. Note I did not follow all the steps in the guide, I decided not to re-install everything as I had a lot of installed stuff which was never used.

I found it a lot easier setting up the python crazyflie after this.
antonio73
Beginner

Post by antonio73 »

Hi lxrocks,
And thanks for sharing your esperience. It looks quite similar to mine with the exception that, so far i still didn't have a chance to try the workarounds.. I Guedes that, as soon as the crazyflie will be on my desk, the process will boost up!
And i will post a feedback.
For the time being, i wish everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Antonio
antonio73
Beginner

Post by antonio73 »

Hi,

I just solved the problem.
I think the origin was in the way I migrated Mac Ports after upgrading to OS Yosemite.
So, basically, I got rid of Mac Ports, uninstalled it, and run all the normal steps at http://wiki.bitcraze.se/doc:crazyflie:h ... pendencies.
Now everything (client and plotter) runs smooth. Ready to receive the Craziflie!!! Can't wait.
Antonio