[SOLVED] Connect Crazyflie 2.0 to PC client with USB cable

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
idreams
Beginner

[SOLVED] Connect Crazyflie 2.0 to PC client with USB cable

Post by idreams »

Hi
How can I connect my Crazyflie 2.0 to PC client with the usb cable without Radio PA ? Is it possible ?
Crazyflie 2.0 + Crazyradio PA + Debug Adapter and LED Deck.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Connect Crazyflie 2.0 to PC client with USB cable

Post by marcus »

Hi,

Yes, it's possible to connect the Crazyflie 2.0 to the computer using only USB. If you are on Windows you will have to use Zadig (similar to what is done with the Crazyradio here), if you are on Linux you will probably have to be root (or add UDEV rules) and for Mac OSX I'm not sure.

Do the following:
1) Connect the USB and power on the Crazyflie 2.0
2) Start the client, press the connect button and it will scan for available device
3) You should see one item in the list that is usb://0, select this and press connect

Note that you cannot bootload the Crazyflie 2.0 via USB, if you want to update to the latest version of the STM32F4 firmware then use this file (instructions are in the ZIP) for DFU or use the radio bootloader as described here.

/Marcus
idreams
Beginner

Re: Connect Crazyflie 2.0 to PC client with USB cable

Post by idreams »

marcus wrote:Hi,

Yes, it's possible to connect the Crazyflie 2.0 to the computer using only USB. If you are on Windows you will have to use Zadig (similar to what is done with the Crazyradio here), if you are on Linux you will probably have to be root (or add UDEV rules) and for Mac OSX I'm not sure.

Do the following:
1) Connect the USB and power on the Crazyflie 2.0
2) Start the client, press the connect button and it will scan for available device
3) You should see one item in the list that is usb://0, select this and press connect

Note that you cannot bootload the Crazyflie 2.0 via USB, if you want to update to the latest version of the STM32F4 firmware then use this file (instructions are in the ZIP) for DFU or use the radio bootloader as described here.

/Marcus
Good job, It works.
THX marcus.
Crazyflie 2.0 + Crazyradio PA + Debug Adapter and LED Deck.