xbox 360 to pc

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
cfuser
Beginner

xbox 360 to pc

Post by cfuser »

hi,

I have a wireless xbox360 controller and I'm struggling to connect it to my PC (windows) :(, please help.
I have no experience with Xbox/PS but I thought it would be possible to connect any of those controllers to my PC wirelessly (via BT). I have no other wireless adapter or cable unfortunately for the controller. BT is running fine in Windows but just can't find the controller. CFClient doesn't recognize any input device.

This is where I'm stuck : http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... putdevices
The input-device needs to be recognized by the host operating system. This means that it should be seen in the operating system and be usable in other applications or utilities.

It would really help if someone can point me in the right direction. I couldn't find any other info in wiki in how to do this, maybe it's basic but I can't just figure it out.
I'm looking hungry at my CF 2.0. :D

thanks a lot. g.
cfuser
Beginner

Re: xbox 360 to pc

Post by cfuser »

Done a little bit of digging and looks like the wireless controllers communicate with the XBox 360 using a proprietary RF protocol, and not Bluetooth, so the Bluetooth module built into the PC won't help.
I can either use a wireless controller + receiver or use a USB controller (wired).

I've been misguided by this wiki article http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... controller
Win7 BT + Xbox 360 = Works .. or maybe I misread it. Maybe someone cares to explain.

I'm curious how is it exactly for the PS3 controller.

thanks.
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

cfuser wrote:I'm curious how is it exactly for the PS3 controller.
I'm sorry I can't speak much on the Windows side of things but my PS3 controller works fine over Bluetooth on my Mac - nothing extra needed...

According to this article on WikiHow you need the Motioninjoy driver for PS3 to work on Windows...
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
nimble
Beginner

Post by nimble »

XBox controllers will only work with a USB cable.

I just went out and bought a PS4 DualShock4 connected it via bluetooth to a Windows 8.1 machine and boom. done. Thats what I would suggest. Cables suck.
atomicdog
Expert

Post by atomicdog »

You need a usb-to-rf dongle in order to use the xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC.
I bought a knock-off from eBay, which works OK, since the 'Official' one cost more then I wanted to spend.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

atomicdog wrote:You need a usb-to-rf dongle in order to use the xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC.
I bought a knock-off from eBay, which works OK, since the 'Official' one cost more then I wanted to spend.
I have an xbox 360 controller. I plug the controller and its receiver in via 2 USB ports - to a Windows 7 machine. Win7 recognizes the controller - confirmed by running joy.cpl. After launching CF PC Client, the xbox 360 controller doesn't show up in the list of controller devices.

How did you make it work?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

There has been a gamepad bug on the windows build at some point, you can try a newer build than the release. See my answer to this ticket: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... issues/257
proplane64
Beginner

Post by proplane64 »

arnaud wrote:Hi,

There has been a gamepad bug on the windows build at some point, you can try a newer build than the release. See my answer to this ticket: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-c ... issues/257
Eureka!!! Thank you, Arnaud!!!