[RE-OPEN] Broken firmware problem

Post here to get support
seba
Beginner

[RE-OPEN] Broken firmware problem

Post by seba »

I've just finished assembly but when I turn it on, blue led is lit constantly, but green and red flash at about 1Hz. What does it mean, what have I messed up?
Last edited by seba on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
atomicdog
Expert

Re: Problem

Post by atomicdog »

seba wrote:I've just finished assembly but when I turn it on, blue led is lit constantly, but green and red flash at about 1Hz. What does it mean, what have I messed up?
What issues are you having? Are you able to connect to the CF?
This wiki page show what some of the different blink patterns mean.

Earlier today I had the red and green LED's blinking at about 1hz and it wouldn't see or connect to the CF. Eventually I figured out that I had compiled the program wrong and when using the wireless bootloader you need to do a make CLOAD=1.
Your firmware maybe corrupted. You could try updating the firmware.
6-DOF CF | wireless xbox 360 controller
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

After pressing power on blue lights up, after that other (green & red) leds start flashing, no motor movent. In this state I'm not able to see flie in client, nor I'm not able to use wireless bootloader as it finds no crazyflies by radio.... After connecting usb power same things happen, or more accurately - nothing else happens....
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi seba,

Could you try the procedure detailed here to enter bootloader mode and flash the firmware located here?

When you power on the Crazyflie the blue LED is always lit (it indicates power) and the red/green blinking patterns indicate different things. Also when the Crazyflie is powered on all the motors should spin shortly.

Could you see if re-flashing the firmware see if it helps?

/Marcus
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

marcus wrote: Could you try the procedure detailed here to enter bootloader mode and flash the firmware located here?
/Marcus
No success with bootloader. When I click "Initiate bootloader cold boot" status changes to "Trying to connect....", red len on CR lights up, I power on CF (blink pattern is same as always), after some time I get "Connection timeout" in client status, CF still blinks both leds... see this video
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It looks like the firmware is corrupt and that it is constantly resetting when the bootloader launches the firmware. Are you running the latest stable release of the cfclient 2013.4.1?
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:Are you running the latest stable release of the cfclient 2013.4.1?
I'm using dev version, updated from repository after your post - still no luck.

Is there some way to burn this firmware "by wire"?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It can be programmed with a JTAG programmer. I'm guessing you don't have one though. It is also possible to update it with the STM32 UART bootloader but we have never tried this and it might be hard accessing the right pins.

Can you unplug the battery and just power it though USB. Is it the same behaviour?
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:Can you unplug the battery and just power it though USB. Is it the same behaviour?
Same behaviour with USB only power... So "no fly zone" here for now :cry:
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Can you check for any shorts on M1 connector. It is possible that the CF resets due to a short when it tests motor M1. A bit unlikely though.
I can't try and replicate your problem now but hopefully later tonight. Will post an update then.