Android client: HP Touchpad does not recognize CrazyRadio

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
derf
Expert

Android client: HP Touchpad does not recognize CrazyRadio

Post by derf »

Hi,

While working on the CrazyFlie Android client I tried to connect to the CrazyRadio on a HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.4).
Even with external power (provided with a Y-cable) the CrazyRadio's LEDs did not light up.
A USB diagnostic app ("USB Device Info") showed that the CrazyRadio is recognized in the Linux subsystem, but not in Android.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for that?

I've successfully connected USB devices (sticks/drives, PS3 controller, mouse, keyboard) in the past. So USB Host definitely works in general.

Regards,

Fred
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Android client: HP Touchpad does not recognize CrazyRadi

Post by tobias »

No sorry, but what I do know is that I have kind of the same problem with my Sony Tablet S. It recognizes other USB devices but not the Crazyradio. One guess is that since we use the Nordic Semiconductor USB VID (0x1950) it is recognized as something else. Changing the VID to something else might be a possible workaround.
SleuthKid
Beginner

Re: Android client: HP Touchpad does not recognize CrazyRadi

Post by SleuthKid »

I am currently trying to use the available Ubuntu Touch image for the HP-Touchpad with the full featured python client or at least the headless client. Will keep track of my progress in this thread when it works :)