Crazyradio libusb vs. GoPro Studio 2

Post here to get support
polarspan
Beginner

Crazyradio libusb vs. GoPro Studio 2

Post by polarspan »

Hi,
Is there already any idea :idea: how to use Crazyflie Client 2013.4.1 with crazyradio on my computer (Win7 64bit)
also when GoPro Studio 2 is installed :?:

If I install Gopro Studio 2 I cannot see the dongle in CFclient anymore (even if it's loaded correct in hardware manager)
After deinstalling Gopro Studio 2 and reinstalling the driver of crazyradio the dongle is working well again.

Reason behind: Studio 2 software is also good and needed on my PC :-)

Thanks, Regards, Klaus.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio libusb vs. GoPro Studio 2

Post by arnaud »

I could reproduce the problem installing gopro studio. The problem is that gopro studio is installing and registering an old libusb dll which is not compatible with the Crazyradio driver (I don't think they are supposed to do that, the DLL should stay with the driver and not with the program, but I don't know that much about windows stuff so I'm not sure).

Anyway I made a fix and generated a Windows installer so that you can test it: https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... 744d70.exe

The idea is that this fix may break the radio on some system so I would like to get confirmation that it is working somewhere else than for me before we release a beta this week.
polarspan
Beginner

Post by polarspan »

thanks!
so I'm no software expert :-) :roll:
what exactly do I have to do with this file?
Download it, Install it oder install GoPro studio 2 again or....?
Thanks and BR,
Klaus.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

This is a version that should work even if the gopro software is installed on you PC. Though it is a dev version so other things could break, but at least it should fly! :-)

Arnaud
polarspan
Beginner

Post by polarspan »

Thanks Arnaud, I'll try this evening (now I'm @ work).

Just for my interest:
- What kind of things "could break" resp. not work for example?
- Dev or user stuff?
- Do I notice if such things happen?

BR :D Klaus.
polarspan
Beginner

Post by polarspan »

Your version is compatible with GoPro Studio software, both are working, thanks a lot!!!

Could one of the "bugs" be that somehow (happened quite a few times, don's ask me why) the PS3 controller is controlling the mouse pointer on the monitor :-) ?
I had to restart the PC, other ways to reset the controller (to control the CF) I didn't see, Software-restart (CF-Client and MiJ) only didn't help...

Klaus.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

That sounds like something MiJ could be doing. Any settings for it there maybe?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Glad it worked, we just released a new release candidate version that includes this fix.
polarspan wrote: Just for my interest:
- What kind of things "could break" resp. not work for example?
- Dev or user stuff?
- Do I notice if such things happen?
It's just that I generated an installer out of the development tree without testing more that it could fly, so my sentence was mainly a 'standard disclaimer' :). for example the log plots do not work in the dev version I generated and we fixed that later for the release candidate.