[SOLVED]How to get the PS3 controller running

Post here to get support
kylejohnson
Beginner

Re: How to get the PS3 controller running

Post by kylejohnson »

One thing I've found is that every time I restart my PC, I need to open MotionJoy's control panel back up, select the correct profile and click the Enable button again. The Enable button is the thing I always forget about.. until I remember it again. :roll:
TheFrog4u
Expert

Re: How to get the PS3 controller running

Post by TheFrog4u »

Yeah thats right, and additionally you have to be online to get MotioninJoy working therefore I prefer Better DS3. You still have to have the MotiininJoy driver installed and start Better DS3, but it automaticly applies the right configuration and its much smaller, nicer and works offline.
suflodn
Beginner

Re: [SOLVED]How to get the PS3 controller running

Post by suflodn »

Hi there, i still have the Problem with the right stick. In the Game Controle Panel it works just fine, sliding to the sides or pushing R3... but it wont work ingame, FIFA for example. I followed every step you mentioned in your tutorial. Any ideas? :(
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Have you tried configure it in the "Input device->Configure device mappings" in the cfclient?
suflodn
Beginner

Post by suflodn »

Sorry im a totally newb. :oops:
What do you mean with cfclient? or where to find the "Input device->Configure device mappings" :o

---
Edit:
Sorry, stupid Explanation.
i meant, i cant configure anything in the cfclient, as far as i can see it.

---
Edit 2:

just noticed, when i calibrate it in the cfclient, the z-axis and the y-Rotation are at 0 and wont move at all???!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I'm note sure we are talking about the same thing and that you are in the right forum? Are you having trouble using the PS3 controller in cfclient to control the Crazyflie or having problem using it as a gamepad to play games with in windows?
suflodn
Beginner

Post by suflodn »

im having a Problem with using it as a Gamepad, the right stick aint working. everything else works just fine.
suflodn
Beginner

Post by suflodn »

fact is, when i go into the game control Panel, it seems to work just fine.
but when i go to calibrate the Controller, the Z-axis and the Y-Rotation dont move at all. and i guess they should do so or?