Too many packets lost error

Post here to get support
ttongue
Beginner

Re: Too many packets lost error

Post by ttongue »

I'm having a very similar problem with my Crazyflie Nano. I'm able to connect to the quadcopter (using the linux client, and also the windows client), and the connection quality flickers, but usually shows 100%. However, the instant I apply some thrust (just a little) and the props start spinning the connection goes to 0% and is dropped. I've inspected the area around the ceramic antenna on the Nano and the solder looks just fine, so there is nothing obvious to fix there. My unit was purchased through Seeedstudio back in late May or early June, it was a birthday present, but I only now got a chance to play with it due to a crazy hectic schedule from the end of June through last week. I've sent a support request to SeeedStudio, but no reply on this issue so far. Anybody have any fixes?

Should I try to source a replacement ceramic antenna?

--Tom
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It could be caused by a "little" short from the soldering but also from some bad/broken component. Test this by connecting to the crazyflie and walk away with it while having the transmitter in line of sight. You should be able to walk at least 20-30m before the connection is dropped. WiFi interference could be a problem though so test it on other frequencies as well. If that works check the motor connections by measuring them (the soldering points) with an multimeter (battery disconnected). They should all read about 2-3ohm.
Jlenigas
Beginner

Post by Jlenigas »

Hi,

I just purchased 2 each of the crazyfile/crazyradio units through www.littlebirdelectronics.com here in Australia and seem to be having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. Was this ever resolved? Did you have to send them back?

Regards,

John
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It sounds a lot like a bad component. One thing you can do is to try and switch radio channel and data rate to e.g. 80 and 2Mbit in the bootloader. If that doesn't help contact Seeedstudio support as they are responsible for the hardware. Sorry about this!
asaddler
Beginner

Post by asaddler »

I'm doing this for a school project so I don't think I have time to replace my kit. So I was wondering where I could get an antenna to solder on to the Crazyflie.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

You can try replacing the chip antenna with a wire like in this post.
ecleary
Beginner

Post by ecleary »

yep same issue, mine doesnt seem affected by range, when it works it works. However havnt had a full battery worth of flight yet, some times (quite alot of the time) it cuts out with the error msg and some of the time it will cut out a couple minutes in

Would really love there to be a solution other then sending the copter back to china cause god knows how thats gona take
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If it is not a range problem my guess is that it is a noise problem from other networks. Have you tired switching communication channel and data rate as in one of the posts above?